My name is Alexandra, and I am a Beverly Hills Mom.
I came to Beverly Hills in 1997 to have a grand career in interior design. While reaching that goal, I found the man of my dreams and we have a precious child and live together in one of the style capitals of the world. I love living in Beverly Hills not just for the beautiful weather, homes and lawns, terrific police, fire department, world class services, and great public schools, where competent people run things and stand guard of the village. I see it through the eyes of a Southern girl who grew up seeing movie stars and the iconic Beverly Hills, and love the nostalgic and campy side of Beverly Hills. As an interior designer with happy, satisfied clients from the West Hills to the Platinum Triangle, I have seen a thing or two. I have a few stories.
And now my own Critter is going to grow up in the neighborhood that I used to wonder about watching it in the movies … will life imitate art? Or will art imitate life? Join us on our own version of the Beverly Hillbillies, as we embark upon:
* new things I think are fabulous
* stories from my funny and talented friends
* updates on Louis XIV of Beverly Hills
* progress reports on my latest creative endeavors
* kid stuff that the Critter and I try for fun
* odd occurrences that probably wouldn’t happen if I didn’t live in the “Cannes of The United States”
* current events that strike me as noteworthy
Thank you for reading – I welcome your comments and hope you’ll share this blog with others who are curious to know what it’s like to go from the Sex and the City life to Real Housewife and to still keep it real.