So y’all know how much fun we had with the HUB at Halloween. As a rule, I have a costume for each day of the week leading up to the big day, thus My Perfect Husband has declared an embargo of all Halloween stuff in the house before October 1st. Costume creators, wait not, though because the Hub is having a huge costume contest and the Queen of Creativity herself Martha Stewart is judging! I am so verklempt, how will I ever get ours ready in time? My pals at the HUB tell me that:
“The special will be hosted by Kenan Thompson (“Saturday Night Live”), along with Halloween expert Martha Stewart who will lead a panel of celebrity judges, and includes music performances and a nationwide costume competition where 50 semi-finalists from each state will head to Los Angeles to be a part of the two-hour star-studded event.
One lucky winner will win $25,000 and a walk-on role on the Hub Network’s Daytime Emmy® Award-winning series, “R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour: The Series.”
The “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash” costume competition is open to all ages, including individuals or a maximum of five people per group submission.
Participants are encouraged to create eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costumes within one of the following six categories:
• Howl-arious – Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
• Spook-tacular – Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
• Mad Genius – Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
• Blast from the Past – Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your take on great figures from before the 20th century or a retro 50’s sock hop get up, 60’s flower child or other “period” inspired costumes.
• Animal Kingdom – Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
• Everyday Stuff – We’re looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more. Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.”
For more information on how to enter, as well as to check out the latest entries, please visit HUB TV. The deadline to enter is Sunday, September 29, 2013.